CNC Machine Operator (Horizontal Borer)
Job Title:CNC Machine Operator (Horizontal Borer)
Division: FTV Proclad International Limited
Hours of Work: Full-time: 37 hours on shifts (some flexibility required) Salary & Benefits: £Competitive + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for CNC Machine Operators (Horizontal Borer) to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
FTV Proclad International Limited is a worldwide market and technological leader in the protective weld cladding of pipeline components.
Due to current success in securing orders we are currently looking to recruit CNC Machine Operators (Horizontal Borer) to join our team at our Glenrothes facility. A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance.
Outline of Role and Responsibilities
A time served individual with Oil and Gas Experience is required. An individual who has an eye for detail and takes pride in producing a quality product will fit this role perfectly. A competitive wage will be paid. To assist in the production of components to customer specifications, an individual will need to:
- To set, operate and program CNC control system. Giddings & Lewis and Fanuc control panels experience preferred.
- Contribute to continuously improve productivity & efficiency within the department.
- Contribute to lean manufacturing and good housekeeping principles.
- To ensure all Job Instruction Sheet tasks are booked on and closed off in line with applicable procedure and codes.
- Ensure components are correctly identified and that tractability is maintained throughout the entire process.
- Ensure components are correct to specification and that inspection paperwork has been completed as per Procedure.
- To interpret B.O.M. to ensure that all requirements have been met.
Required Skills and Experience
A successful candidate shall need to be able to demonstrate that they have the skills and experience to be:
- Time served Machine Operator (Horizontal Borers).
- Good process and product knowledge.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to different situations which may require flexibility on working hours.
- Ability to be proactive and problem solve.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Ensuring best works practices are employed.
- Ensure departmental policies on Health and Safety, Tooling, continuous improvement programmes are being adhered to.
- Promote company values at all times.
- Assist in training where and when necessary.
- To ensure that Customer requirements are being achieved.
If you wish to apply for this position, or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR either by post to FTV Proclad International Ltd, Viewfield Industrial Estate, Glenrothes, Fife, KY6 2RD, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.