Procurement, Purchasing and Contracts Manager
Job Title:Procurement, Purchasing and Contracts Manager
Reporting to:General Manager
Hours of Work:Full-time/Permanent
Salary & Benefits:£DOE - Please state salary expectation when applying – excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement, Purchasing and Contracts Manager to join our team in our Glenrothes site. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
A market competitive salary will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance.
Roles and Responsibilities (not restricted to)
- As the Procurement, Purchasing and Contracts Manager you will manage and undertake all aspects of procurement related activity to cost, quality and schedule and independently lead projects and work within the Corporate Procurement Policy and Process in line with business requirements and performance objectives and undertake line management responsibilities where appropriate.
- Manage the performance of Key suppliers across multiple programmes, engaging and influencing a wide range of stakeholders to enable the supply of products and services to support the businesses within the Proclad Group.
- Managing and undertaking all aspects of procurement related activity to cost, quality and schedule, independently lead projects and work in accordance with Corporate Procurement Policy and Process to meet business requirements and performance objectives.
- Financial costing and planning.
- Budget and Project Management.
- Understand, identify and improve performance of the role through the use of business metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
- Inventory management.
- Planning and forecasting analysis.
- Responsibility for placing and managing sub-contracts and being directly involved in the overall decision and contracting process.
- Liaising with the Project and other key stakeholders to develop and produce Supply Chain Strategies, Life Cycle Management Documentation, and other reports required to support the Project.
- Working with all current projects to ensure decisions are based on learning from experience, identifying market risks and opportunities and supplier capabilities.
- Conducting self-verification checks within the team to ensure adherence to relevant business system procedures, policies and processes. Ensuring the provision and production of right first time quality information.
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate procurement risk.
- Proactively implementing any cost saving initiatives.
- Raise the necessary purchase orders and documentation to ensure project delivery times are met.
- Contract management which includes:
- Negotiating contracts
- Managing major and minor sub contracts.
- Undertaking supplier evaluation.
- Managing supplier performance.
- Ensuring penalties are adhered to when sub-contractors under-perform.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Significant experience in internal and external stakeholder management at all levels.
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal.
- Ability to review process and consider ways to improve.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications and Visual system.
- Gravitas to represent Supply Chain at meetings with the Customer and senior stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently and display strong team working skills.
- Ability to manage complex issues and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Broad understanding of modern manufacturing techniques.
- CIPS qualification or higher.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a managerial role
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice. http://www.procladgroup.com/recruitment-privacy-notice
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.