Proclad Group have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join their UK Procurement team in Glenrothes. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
A market competitive salary will be offered dependant on experience. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strong relationships with the supply chain to ensure the timely delivery of documentation and material / equipment.
- Ensure all systems are up to date and correct to allow for other functions to complete tasks in good time
- Challenge suppliers regarding pricing, terms and delivery to ensure best outcome for the business.
- Must maintain a proactive role and the ability to show initiative for project success.
- Miscellaneous small value purchasing for Maintenance, Health and Safety and Production.
- Sub contract order placement.
- Research facilitation to find miscellaneous items not regularly purchased.
- Specification preparation for quotation.
- Engineering experience of preferable in the oil & gas industry.
- Understand the complexities of the order; what is being purchased and when key deliverables (vendor performance, material specification, sub-con services, quality) etc.
- Project experience & support of bespoke & major projects essential.
- You will be responsible for working in conjunction with the wider business and the overseeing the effective execution and administration of purchase orders.
- Ensuring internal links between sales, procurement, production and projects in a clear & concise manner.
- To undertake additional duties as may be requested by management or required by the needs of the business.
- You ideally will have people and project management experience. Able to use Word and have a good level of Excel together with excellent numerical skills, be enthusiastic, self-motivated and be able to prioritise own workload.
- You should preferably have a qualification in Supply Chain Management and or Expediting or working towards a recognizable qualification.
- MRP or ERP experience would be desirable.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines & prioritise with excellent attention to detail, having excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Commitment to the success of the overall Project and be accountable for its success.
- Good team player and awareness of all department links & processes.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, at all levels systems and reporting mechanisms to senior management.
- Prime focus should be given to ensure the business / individual responds to changes in demand and supply to maintain a commercially responsive flow of goods through active management of the supply chain.
- Have experience in Procurement.
- Have experience in Microsoft Office packages but be especially competent in Excel.
- Have experience co-ordinating between various internal stakeholders
- Challenging suppliers regarding issues raised
- 2 years working within a Purchasing team
- Experience in a manufacturing facility
- Problem solver.
- Analytically minded and a minimum of intermediate Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and take ownership of tasks.
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV, your salary expectations and any other additional information to HR via email to email@example.com.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.