Position: Full Time
Hours of Work: Mon to Thurs 8am-4.30pm, Fri 8am–1pm
We have an exciting opportunity for a welding engineer to join our engineering team within the UK business. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
FTV Proclad International Limited is a worldwide market and technological leader in the protective weld cladding of pipeline components.
A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience/qualifications. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life insurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
- Performing and documenting contract reviews of project technical specifications, drawings, purchase orders and national standards to validate compliance.
- Facilitating project bid reviews by providing a full technical appraisal of the project welding requirements at an enquiry stage.
- Liaising directly with the client and internal departments with regard to weld engineering requirements.
- Representing the company as the weld engineering authority (both internally and externally with clients).
- Providing technical support to the sales team with internal and external customer visits and delivering technical presentations.
- Ensuring that all allocated work scopes are fully compliant with the ISO 3834-2 standard and represent Proclad UK as a responsible welding coordinator.
- Supporting weld quality review forums, aimed at reducing weld related rework. Responsibilities will include the creation of weld related dispositions, identifying corrective actions and preventative measures for any weld quality issues.
- Assisting with the development of new and existing equipment.
- Reviewing welding related suppliers to ensure suitability to provide the required services.
- Supporting the continuous development and improvement of welding related procedures and policies that will enhance business practices.
- Contributing to the annual departmental business plans with aims and objectives to satisfy the business needs. Managing timescales and budgets for allocated business plan projects.
- Managing allocated research and product development projects to a successful conclusion within the agreed schedule and budget.
- Performing the listed weld engineering functions, as required;
- Translating drawings and design requirements into weld requirements and developing the method of qualification in-line with the relevant codes and standards.
- Preparing / reviewing all documents required for production welding ensuring that all the areas of the contract are addressed and recorded.
- Detailing all post weld heat treatment requirements to production and reviewing documentation on completion of heat treatment.
- Development, qualification and application of welding procedures. Preparing/reviewing all welding procedures and weld procedure qualifications to ensure their suitability for the required contract (relevant national/international standards and client specification).
- Qualification and renewing of welder performance qualifications. Ensuring all welders/welding operators are qualified to perform the production work required. Ensuring welders and weld operators qualifications are maintained.
- Controlling chemical, corrosion and mechanical testing, assessing test results in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Approving and controlling of all welding consumables. Identifying compatibility of welding consumables for all welding activities and detail any delivery, storage and handling requirements as per the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Reviewing the suitability of welding equipment for the scope of work required and providing an input for necessary maintenance and calibration of welding equipment.
Essential Skills & Experience;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their skills and experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of a diploma in welding engineering discipline.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of welding processes.
- Knowledge of welding qualification standards, including EN/ISO, ASME & AWS.
- Have experience in Microsoft outlook, word, and excel packages.
Desirable Skills & Experience;
- Ideally the candidates would be degree qualified in an engineering discipline this is desirable not essential.
- One of the following qualifications would be desirable;
- European Welding Engineer (EWE)
- Master of Science in Welding Engineering (MSc)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas sector is desirable but not essential.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Well organised, able to plan own workload and manage their own work time.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and competing priorities.
- Team player.
If you wish to apply for this position, or know someone who would, please send your CV and a covering letter and any additional information to HR either by post to FTV Proclad International Ltd, Viewfield Industrial Estate, Glenrothes, Fife, KY6 2RD, or by email to email@example.com
The closing date for this vacancy is 30th November 2018.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.