You are here
Welding Engineering Manager
Job Title: Welding Engineering Manager
Reporting to: UK Managing Director
Division: FTV Proclad International Ltd
Hours of Work: Full-time/Permanent
Salary & Benefits: £DOE - Please state salary expectation when applying
FTV Proclad International Limited are an internationally renowned precision engineering solutions provider delivering contracts for the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Aerospace and Defence sectors. Our business is presently experiencing an exciting growth spell after successful awards of major project work. We are delighted to be recruiting for a Welding Engineering Manager.
The role would suit a self-motivated, confident, solutions focused, target driven and resilient individual who is looking for an exciting new challenge in their career.
Ideally you will possess a minimum of three years relevant welding engineering management experience in the Oil & Gas or Ministry of Defence sector, but consideration will be given to candidates who have alternative industry experience.
Outline of Role
Focus will be on working with internal sales on bid reviews and with operations supporting the technical project requirements for welding to ensure on time delivery of a quality product. The candidate will be the technical authority on all welding procedures and processes and will support internal discussions with operations and external client discussions where necessary. The role will also oversee the management of welding procedures, qualifications, quality, continuous improvement activities related to welding and new welding R&D techniques.
Remuneration and Benefits
A market competitive wage and personal benefits package will be offered depending on experience. The standard benefits of employment include up to 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution, optional membership for a family/single health insurance plan, discounted membership of public gyms within the Fife area and Life Assurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The role is responsible for managing a small technical team and ensuring all activities are planned and executed in line with customer requirements whilst working with the cross functional teams.
Responsibilities will include the below, this is not an exhaustive list:
- Lead, support and develop the Proclad UK weld engineers and design engineers.
- Allocate work to the weld/ design engineering team.
- Responsible for setting staff objectives in accordance with the business needs / priorities.
- Represent the company as a technical authority (both internally and externally with clients).
- Provide technical support to the sales team with internal and external customer visits and deliver technical presentations.
- Facilitate project bid reviews by providing a full technical appraisal of the project requirements.
- Perform and document contract reviews of project technical specifications, drawings, and national standards to validate compliance.
- Responsible for continuous development and improvement of procedures and policies that will enhance business practices.
- Develop key annual departmental business objects which aims to satisfy the wider business plan.
- Lead weld quality review forums, to reduce weld related rework. The forum is also setup to generate dispositions, identify corrective actions and preventative measures for any weld quality issues.
- Attain continuous development through departmental KPl's.
- Manage allocated research and product development projects to a successful conclusion within the agreed schedule and budget.
- Assist with the development of new and existing equipment.
- Represent Proclad UK as a responsible welding coordinator, duties listed in RWC job description addendum.
- Ensure that the business is fully compliant with the ISO 3834-2 standard.
Perform the listed weld engineering functions, where required.
- Translate drawings and design requirements into weld requirements and develop the method of qualification in-line with the relevant codes and standards.
- Generate job specific PWHT, radiography and welding instructions.
- Development, qualification, and application of welding procedures.
- Qualification and renewal of welder performance qualifications.
- Control chemical, corrosion, and mechanical testing.
- Approval and control of all welding consumables.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter describing how you feel you meet the requirements detailed along with your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not sponsor any applicant for a UK Tier II visa for this role. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.
This is a direct applicant role.
NB – Applications received without a salary expectation stated will not be considered.