You are here
Job Title: Automated Welder
Division: FTV Proclad International Limited
Hours of Work: Full-time: 37 hours on shifts (some flexibility required). There may be a continental shift pattern avaliable.
Salary & Benefits: £Competitive + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for Automated Welders to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
FTV Proclad International Limited is a worldwide market and technological leader in the protective weld cladding of pipeline components.
Due to current success in securing orders we are currently looking to recruit Automated Welders to join our team at our Glenrothes facility. A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance.
Outline of Role and Responsibilities
A time served individual with Oil and Gas Experience is required. An individual who has an eye for detail and takes pride in producing a quality product will fit this role perfectly. A competitive wage will be paid. To assist in the production of components to customer specifications, an individual will need to:
- To set operate and program Amtec / Fronius control Vertical and Horizontal welding rigs.
- Experience in Orbital butt-welding using Arc Machine type heads (M15 model); would be of an advantage but not essential as the appropriate training will be given to the successful candidates.
- Competent in MMA welding processes to ASME IX standard.
- To carry out all welding related operations per approved procedures.
- Submission and validation of weld detail sheets.
- Contribute to continuously improve productivity & efficiency within the department.
- Contribute to lean manufacturing and good housekeeping principles.
- To ensure all JIS tasks are booked on and closed off in line with applicable procedure and codes.
- Ensure components are correctly identified and that tractability is maintained throughout the entire process.
- Ensure components are correct to specification and that all inspection documentation has been completed as per procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
A successful candidate shall need to be able to demonstrate that they have the skills and experience to be:
- Time Served Welder.
- Good process and product knowledge.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to different situations which may require flexibility on working hours.
- Ability to be proactive and problem solve.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Ensuring best works practices are employed.
- Ensure departmental policies on Health and Safety, Tooling, continuous improvement programmes are being adhered to.
- Promote company values at all times.
- Assist in training where and when necessary.
- To ensure that Customer requirements are being achieved.
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.