You are here
Fitter / Turner
Job Title: Pipe Turner
Division: FTV Proclad International Limited
Hours of Work: Full-time shift work (37-hour week) – days/nights
Salary & Benefits: £DOE + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pipe Turner to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
FTV Proclad International Limited is a worldwide market and technological leader in the protective weld cladding of pipeline components.
We are currently looking to recruit a Pipe Turner to join our team at our Glenrothes facility. A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment also include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including bank holidays) for a 5-day week or 30 days for a 5-day, 4-night shift, an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance. Where shifts are required to be worked, a shift premium will be paid.
Outline of Role and Responsibilities
An individual who has an eye for detail and takes pride in producing a quality product will fit this role perfectly. A competitive wage will be paid. To assist in the production of components to customer specifications, an individual will need to:
Load and unload pipes into machine.
Set up machines.
Manual input programmes
Machine bores and weld prep angles of pipe to drawing and or specification.
Dimensional verification on machine of machined surfaces
De-rag machined surfaces on machine.
To interpret work orders and drawings to determine production specification and information.
Previous experience of operating/programming a Crawford swift hollow chuck lathe would be advantageous.
Required Skills and Experience
A successful candidate shall need to be able to demonstrate that they have the skills and experience to be:
- Good process and product knowledge.
- Ability to adapt to different situations which may require flexibility on working hours.
- Ability to be proactive and problem solve.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Well organised and able to manage time.
- Ensuring best works practices are employed.
- Ensure departmental policies on Health and Safety, Tooling, continuous improvement programmes are being adhered to.
- Promote company values at all times.
- To ensure that Customer requirements are being achieved.
- If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via the jobsite portal.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.