You are here
General Production Operator
Job Title: General Production Operator
Division: Proclad Induction Bending Ltd.
Hours of Work: Full-time work (some flexibility required for occasional shift work and overtime)
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Production Operator to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained.
The role of General Production Operator involves a wide variety of activities and workshop skills, not all of which are pre-requisites for this position as training will be provided as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities - May include the following
- Setting up and operating an induction bending machine (full training given)
- Work to relevant procedures and specifications
- Driving the van/pick-up truck
- Load/Unload pipes and finished goods onto trucks using forklift or overhead cranes
- Fabrication welding
- Oxy/acetylene burning equipment
- Shot Blasting
- Wrapping and packing
- Carrying out and recording daily, weekly, monthly maintenance checks.
- Occasionally work under observation by clients and client appointed inspection personnel.
- Other ad-hoc duties as may be required from time to time to assist with the general operation of the facility.
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by your line manager.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- General workshop experience - highly desirable
- Proficient written and verbal communications - desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft email, word and excel - desirable
- Proficient mathematics ability - desirable
The candidate must have the ability to work as part of a team, and on their own using their own initiative. Where required the operator will, as part of the team culture, develop the skill sets and flexibility required to provide continuous improvement and customer focus.
The candidate must be flexible wherever possible to meet the company and customer requirements.
The candidate must be able to communicate with customers, customers’ representatives, external inspection authorities and with all levels of the organisation.
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.