You are here
Job Title: Labourer/Driver
Division: Proclad Induction Bending Ltd.
Hours of Work: Full-time work (some flexibility required for occasional shift work and overtime)
Salary & Benefits: COMPETITIVE rate + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Labourer/Drive to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained.
The primary role for this position is to deliver a service effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed, and you may be required to perform work not specifically referred to within the duties listed below. Training will be provided where needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement department policies and goals in line with company business plan and group objectives.
- Housekeeping - All areas within the back yard and the shop floor to be always kept neat and tidy.
- Ensure all other duties within the back yard and the shop floor takes place as per company procedures.
- Environmental - Designated skips for scrap metal, scrap wood and general rubbish to be emptied as required.
- Gas bottles - All propane gas bottles, oxygen bottles etc. to be caged in their designated areas.
- Health Safety and Welfare - Toilets to be replenished with clean dry towels daily, cleaning materials to be replenished when required.
- H&S checks on cranes, forklifts, pickup truck, and water lines as per required legislation.
- First Aid Room is to be kept clean and stock replenished as required.
- Packing – Including pallets, boxes and shipping containers as required.
- Saws – Loading and operating saws in accordance with the Company H&S Policies and Procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Movement of components - All components which require to be moved must be done in accordance with the Company H&S Policies and Procedures and Safe Systems of Work. This includes use of the overhead crane, loading/un-loading external transport and transporting goods between Proclad facilities and sub-contractors using Proclads own pickup truck.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Proficient written and verbal communications - desirable
- The candidate must have the ability to work as part of a team, and on their own using their own initiative. Where required the operator will, as part of the team culture, develop the skill sets and flexibility required to provide continuous improvement and customer focus.
- The candidate must be flexible wherever possible to meet the company and customer requirements.
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.