You are here
Job Title: NDT Technician
Division: FTV Proclad International Limited
Hours of Work: Full-time shift work (some flexibility required)
Salary & Benefits: £Competitive + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a NDT Technician to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
Outline of Roles & Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities (not restricted to):
The role of NDT Technician primarily involves undertaking non-destructive testing, the successful candidate will be expected to inspect, interpret, evaluate, and report in accordance with recommended practice, set procedures, national and international specifications, and standards. The primary duties and responsibilities are listed as follows:
- Visual Inspection.
- Magnetic Inspection.
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection.
- Ultrasonic Inspection.
- Hardness Testing.
- Thickness Measurements.
- Work to relevant procedures and specifications.
- Responsible for carrying out and recording daily, weekly, monthly validation checks.
- Responsible for the recording of results, with respect to interpreting, evaluation and providing a verdict on the results.
- Responsible for recording and reporting discrepancies, where necessary.
- Work under observation by clients and client appointed inspection personnel.
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance to Level I personnel as required.
- Responsible for the calibration of equipment.
- Occasional involvement in technical meetings with client’s or client representatives to discuss and interpret NDE requirements.
- Other ad-hoc duties as may be required from time to time to assist with the general operation of the facility.
- Provide NDT services to other parts of the Proclad Group from time to time as required.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
Technicians shall be qualified as a minimum to the level of PCN Level II.
- Magnetic Particle testing MT
- Ultrasonic Testing: 3.1 & 3.2 Weldments
- Liquid Penetrant Testing: PT
- Visual Inspection VT
The candidate must be competent in using a desktop computer, and be fluent in the Microsoft Office suite of software to record, validate and issue appropriate inspection documents.
The candidate must have the ability to work as part of a team, and on their own using their own initiative. Where required the operator will, as part of the team culture, develop the skill sets and flexibility required to provide continuous improvement and customer focus.
The candidate must be flexible wherever possible to meet the company and customer requirements.
The candidate must be able to communicate with customers, customers’ representatives, external inspection authorities and with all levels of the organisation.
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.